Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Repurposed with style

I am pretty excited about the vinyl banners I repurposed into reusable totes.  I hadn't touched a sewing machine in over a decade, so I was pretty intimidated.  After a few minutes of orientation from my local sewing repair shop, I thought I'd give it a go.  WOW...It has almost become addictive!  Now all I can think about is which style I should attempt next.

I have definitely come across many obstacles, and I feel as if bobbins have become my tiny enemy, but this has become one of the most fulfilling projects I have ever taken on.  It's not just about creating a cute purse or tote.  It's more about the thrill of taking a product that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill, and repurposing it in to a durable, waterproof, reusable bag.  It just makes me very happy to do something that I know is good for the environment.  If I continue to find customers who are willing to donate their used banners, I will continue doing my best to put them to good (re)use, by making stylish and practical eco-friendly bags.

Below are some pictures of the bags I have given to my family.

Stephanie Ricks
Arrowhead Signs
www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com
www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com












www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com

www.arrowheadsigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment